“Since hunger is the most primitive and permanent of human wants, men always want to eat, but since their wish not to be a mere animal is also profound, they have always attended with special care to the manners which conceal the fact that at the table we are animals feeding.” - John Erskine

07 October 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Loaf

This is how they look fresh out of the oven.
I was so in the mood for something sweet, but didn’t want to have to make anything from scratch.  Pillsbury to the rescue again.  I have cans and cans of this stuff in my fridge ~ I always keep crescents around and I bought a few cans of biscuits for another recipe I never got around to trying.  So I thought I’d give this one a try.

Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Loaf
serves 10
source: pillsbury.com
½ cup sugar
2½ teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
12-oz. can Grands Jr. Golden Layers buttermilk biscuits

Heat oven to 400°.  Generously grease 8x4-inch loaf pan (do not use dark-coated pan).  In small shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well.

Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters.  Dip each quarter into melted butter; roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture.  Arrange in greased loaf pan.

Bake at 400° for 19 to 27 minutes.  Cool 2 minutes.  Loosen edges; remove from pan.  Place on serving plate.  Serve warm.

These aren’t bad, for biscuit pull-aparts, but they are definitely better warm.  My kids ate them because they were covered with cinnamon sugar.  My husband ate them but complained the whole time that they really needed frosting on them.  All in all, I think I would make these again only if pressed for time and knew they were going to be eaten right away.  (I prefer my cinnamon buns recipe.  I’m totally going to have to share that soon.)
Mmm, look at that gooey blob of cinnamon-buttery goodness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment